Monday, October 17, 2011

Foundation Review: Covergirl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation


Hey loves. :)


Today's post is a foundation review. I recently picked this up at my local Target's because I had seen various Youtube Beauty Gurus raving about it and I wanted to try it for myself.


The only products I've tried for Covergirl have been their mascaras, which I've liked quite a bit, especially the Lash Blast. I had high hopes for this foundation the minute I brought it home. Unfortunately, it wasn't as great as I had hoped it would be.


The coverage was pretty light, which was okay for me since I only use foundation to cover up some red blotches on my cheeks because I don't have any acne. The thing with this foundation is that it's just the teeniest bit too oily and makes my skin look a little shiny. I end up having to powder my face to get the shine away, which isn't exactly to my taste. I'm not a fan of the "cakey" powder look.


This foundation does even out my skin tone though and I enjoy the light cucumber odor it has. My shade is Maple, or 340, and it matches me perfectly. The wide range of shades make it possible for everyone to find their right colour. The consistency is very smooth and easy to apply. I recommend using your fingers as that seems to be the best way to get it on. It blends in well and looks really natural. The lasting power isn't very long, especially if you sweat, but I don't mind it too much. A light squeeze of product goes a long way. By the time I get home from school, it still looks mostly intact.


I have normal skin, so this foundation works for me. I would not recommend it if you have oily skin! Dry skin types should be fine as well though. Pick your shade carefully, because if you get it right, it's perfect. :) Another plus is that it contains SPF and natural ingredients. All in all, I would give this foundation a 4/5 stars.




I bought this at Target for $9.74. It's a good price for a good foundation.


Have you tried this product? What do you think? What are some of your favourite foundations? Hope to see comments from you ladies soon!





2 comments:

  1. Haven't tried the natureluxe foundation out yet,but I have tried the natureluxe mascara and lip stick and loved both!Looks like I will be trying out the foundation soon I've heard such good things about it!!!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog and keep up the great work on yours! :)
    XOXO~Amy

    http://amy-beths.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the mascara out for a while now. :) Thanks so much for the comment! Love your blog.

    xoxo, Kiera

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, love! <3